Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy New Year! Elliott Yamin is Best Music Artist! Congratulations! Elliott Wins Richmonder of the Year!

Happy New Year! Here's to a glorious, fantabulous 2007! In looking back at 2006, my top pick for artist of the year is hands down, without a doubt, the talented, soulful Elliott Yamin. Elliott is simply inspired. I don't know what I would have done or how I would have made it through 2006 without Elliott Yamin. Yes. He's that good. Elliott moves the soul and inspires. I believe. By a landslide, Elliott has won Richmonder of the year! Many fine, well-deserved congratulations, Elliott. Since May, Elliott Yamin has won Moosak's Top 100 as the #1 best, hottest music artist every month for a record-breaking 8 months in a row and as 2006 wrapped up, Elliott's single, 'This Christmas' topped UU-BRU internet radio as most requested song. Go E! Elliott Yamin has a new single on the way and Elliott's debut album is expected soon.. I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know, Elliott!

Way to go Elliott! Outstanding! We love you! Looking forward to some sweet, fine, soulful, jazzy, bluesy E music in 2007! Sendin much luv and heartfelt gratitude to Randy Jackson who showed some E love. Randy praised Elliott: 'I think that he’s [Elliott's] got a bright future ahead of him. I really like this kid. I think that he is the heart of what the competition is really about. I mean this guy loved every moment of it. I mean he rose to the occasion, a really great singer. I mean the fact that he’s 90% deaf in one ear and he sings like he sings, dude, I love this kid. I love what he stands for. I think he’s the bomb. I think he’s got a bright future..I think it’s about finding the right home and the people that really believe in you and that really want to guide your career. I think Elliott is going to be all right.' Thanks so much, Randy..u an E r da best! You can check out E's new CD soon and enter the photo contest for Elliott's new single..my pick for the best image of Elliott is CA24's wonderful sepia shot from Elliott's solo concert in Richmond..absolutely exquisite! Here's Elliott's New Year's message: 'HAPPY NEW YEARS! Hey everybody!..I hope ya'll are just as excited as I am that a new year is upon us! After a few weeks off to enjoy the holiday season, I am now ready and eager to get back in the studio to put the finishing touches on my album! Keep your eyes and ears open, especially within the next couple of months, to find out exclusively what I have in store for you in '07!...The TV Guide channel will be running an interview I did with them a couple of weeks ago, while working w/producer Mike Mangini in his NYC studio...from what I understand, it should be airing frequently during the months of Jan and Feb!...Now, I know it's been a while since you've heard from me.....and I know how anxious you may be to hear some of the stuff I've been working on....Well now that '07 is here, that opportunity is finally here!...I can't thank ya'll enough for sticking by side and supporting me the way you have!....Please stay tuned for more exciting news about my project in the upcoming weeks!....Thank you and God Bless!'
Melissa Ruggieri describes 'ELLIOTT FEVER': 'From part-time pharmacy clerk to TV megastar and housewife crush, Elliott Yamin's life changed forever in 2006. Who would have thought on that February night when "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell told the Richmonder with the unfortunate buzz cut and awkward demeanor, "I think potentially you are the best male vocalist we've ever had," that an unlikely star was born? The Yamin-as-underdog saga don't forget, he's diabetic and mostly deaf in one ear -- gripped many of "Idol"'s 20-million-plus weekly viewers, as well as this area, which expressed unusually exuberant support for the "Yamin Machine." Now, seven months after the singer with the gilded pipes exited the contest in third place, the fairy tale continues. In the past two months, Yamin, 28, has been restyled with a funky, curly hairdo, and his self-despised teeth were given a (complimentary) $50,000 makeover. He now resides in Los Angeles, is dating a model and a few weeks ago signed a song publishing contract with Sony/ATV. So far, his only new material is a cover of Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas," which peaked at an impressive No. 13 on the iTunes list of downloaded holiday songs. But if plans unfold as scheduled, it will be a true love-fest..when Yamin is expected to release his debut album.' We Can't Wait! Go Elliott!
http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149192419277&path=!flair&s=1045855936229