Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Holidays! 'This Christmas' with Elliott Yamin

We're carolin thru the nite! I've been enjoying Elliott Yamin's exquisite, extraordinary vocal on 'This Christmas', 'I Believe To My Soul', 'A Song For You' and 'Moody's Mood For Love'. Beautiful! I love it! So Soulful and Inspired. Elliott moves me like Donny Hathaway does. So few do. And a few folks are taking note of Elliott's remarkable talent and musical performance. Music at the Baldchemist writes, 'Well, a liitle be-lated but I have just been listening to arguably the finest modern singer for a long long time-The fabulous Elliot Yamin. Without any doubts, as far as I am concerned this wonderfully human interpreter of lyric and harmony will be the Tony Bennett of the future. Only Bennett and possibly Sinatra ever gave music so much passion and feel into their timing, and phrasing. No hystronics just gets up and moves his audience like no other. I'm guessing, but he seems to live and feel music. Putting all of his obvious love into it. Many thanks Elliot you have put back my faith into modern music interpretation. I have spent my whole life as a singer all over the World and have rarely heard such talent. Great phrasers are in short supply I spend hours listening to Tony Bennett Nina Simone, Streisand et al, believe me Elliot Yamin is well on the way to being amongst them as an icon to great music. Like Bennett he has what is missing from music these days -Humility. I for one will be amongst the first to buy his music.' A man of my heart! I completely agree! We are feelin and diggin Elliott's magnificent talent and enjoyed Elliott's 'Moody's Mood For Love' on Continental channel 5 during our holiday travel.. the local TV station preempted Extra last night (til the wee hours of the mornin) so we didn't get to see E..needing my E fix here, lol! It would be wonderful to see Elliott as Richmonder of the year! go Elliott! Elliott gives a behind-the-scenes look at recording 'This Christmas' in the studio.

Oh, yeah..Amazing! And I anxiously await the latest E news..thud! No announcement yet, but the Richmond Times-Dispatch is reporting that Elliott is currently recording in New York and his album is set for release in time for Valentine's Day! Oh! Yes! It's a beautiful, beautiful thing! Thud! Happy Holidays, all! I'm soo happy and excited for Elliott Yamin 'This Christmas'! Here's the last Extra clip for those of us who didn't get to see last night..we luv you, Elliott!

Elliott shined live in a charity concert with a sparkling rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, Marvin Gaye's 'What's Going On' and Donny Hathaway's 'This Christmas'. Elliott's recent live performance at Genworth Classic is incredible! Check it out.